Grimfang (Minor Artifact): Grimfang appears as a black-shafted scythe with a glowing purple blade. It functions as a Large +8 brilliant energy, keen, vile scythe of ghost touching and unholy blasting. This scythe also grants scarm the following abilities and bonuses:
• Those slain by this scythe are turned into a ghoul, skeleton, wight, or zombie at Scarm’s discretion. They arise as undead the following round after being slain.
• The Grimfang resonates with a malevolent energy empowering Scarm’s undead army. This effect is constant and grants a +10 bonus to saves, attack rolls, and damage rolls to all undead under Scarm’s control within 90 feet of the scythe.
Additionally, the undead also gain fast healing 15 so long as they stay within range. Scarm chooses which undead are affected. Grimfang functions as a wand and has 150 charges that Scarm can replenish by slaying undead and capturing their souls into his scythe. It grants the wielder the ability to cast the following spells:
• Quickened Tsunami (half acid, half unholy) (10 charges).
• Intensified Corrupted Lightning Bolt (half acid, half unholy) (10 charges).
• Corrupted Incendiary Cloud (half acid, half unholy) (5 charges).
Strong Necromancy [evil] CL 46th.